Corrective jaw surgery moves your jaws into a relationship that is more balanced, functional, and healthy. Whether you want to improve your bite and function, or your appearance, corrective jaw surgery can have an amazing and positive effect on your life. Our goal is to help you achieve a beautiful, functional, pain-free smile that will last for the rest of your life.
Who needs corrective jaw surgery?
In some cases, while you were growing during childhood, your upper and lower jaws may have grown at different rates. Injuries and birth defects may also affect jaw alignment. Corrective jaw surgery may be necessary to correct misalignment of the jaws, and if necessary we will refer you to an excellent surgeon and work closely with them to help you achieve your perfect smile.
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective jaw surgery:
- Difficulty chewing, biting food, or swallowing
- Chronic jaw or jaw joint (TMJ) pain and headache
- Excessive wear of the teeth
- Open bite (space between the upper and lower teeth when the mouth is closed)
- Unbalanced facial appearance from the front or side
- Facial injury or birth defects
- Receding chin
- Protruding jaw
- Inability to make the lips meet without straining
- Chronic mouth breathing and dry mouth
- Sleep apnea (breathing problems when sleeping, including snoring)
Receiving treatment to correct any of the above conditions is a commitment. While treatment may take a while to complete, the results will last a lifetime. There is no reason to live with painful, uncomfortable jaw conditions.
Contact our office to learn about the best treatment option for you.